Morgan County Sardine Club
Did you know how sardines got their name?
Herring canned in Sardinia were called sardines. It’s as simple as that!
The 2017Sardine Club Volunteers (from left to right) Lewis Elias, Dawn Beal, Wendy Baracka, Angel Routzahn. They organized a Sardine Club Celebration.
In 2016, Sardine Club members had a large poster exhibit [0.50min. video] at a reception in the Morgan County Library. In 2017, Club members made many posters that were displayed in the school cafeteria.
- Sardine Man – A 1:39 video about parents and kids eating sardines shows how Morgan County’s Sardine Club began.
- Sardine Club 2017 – A 0:43 video shows 120 kids celebrating National Nutrition Month.
- Gary McDaniel tells the Sardine Club how it all began. [2:14 min video].
The Sardine Club celebrated National Nutrition Month in March, 2017.
- The Sardine Club is one of several initiatives enhancing community wellness that The Morgan County School Social Work Department has developed.
- Sardines! Mike Kligerman leads the Ukelele Club in a 3:01 min.video celebrating the Morgan County Sardine Club with an original song.